Inoculate your Users against Ransomware
A ransomware attack on your organisation can result in data loss, an interruption to your operations and negative publicity. Technical defences, such as firewalls, have proved ineffectual in protecting against this potent threat. Even organisations that employ robust technical controls, like police forces, financial services firms, logistics companies, healthcare providers and government agencies, have fallen prey to ransomware. Employees are the last line of defence. According to Cofense (2017), having your employees trained to detect and remediate such attacks can reduce the susceptibility of your employees to just 5%
Who should attend:
Any employee or third-party who has access to your organisation’s computers.
Instructor-led session, e-learning, scenario-based learning
Scenario-based learning, case studies, supplementary materials, like posters and flyers, gamification, email briefings.
To prevent data loss, downtime and reputational damage caused by a ransomware attack.
What exactly is ransomware? Understanding the motivations of cybercriminals who propagate ransomware. Real-life examples of how ransomware has affected peer organisations. Ransomware strains in circulation today. Common myths and misconceptions surrounding ransomware. Practical strategies that users can employ to mitigate the ransomware threat.
After ransomware prevention training:
- Participants will understand the prevalence of the ransomware problem.
- Participants will understand the active role played by themselves in mitigating ransomware attacks.
- Participants will be able to detect fraudulent emails, attachments and URLs with better accuracy.
- Participants will be more resilient to the social engineering techniques that are used to spread ransomware.
- Participants will learn how a ransomware attack can be mitigated to stop an attack in progress.